CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Old Friends Are The Best Friends...

Hey, All! Hope everyone is doing well. It was Lissy's birthday yesterday.
Photobucket
Happy Birthday to my Bestie....Looking great for 29. Again. LOL!
My girl Toni Marie's birthday was also yesterday...Happy birthday, Girlie!
Today is The Material Girl's birthday...
madonna Pictures, Images and Photos
Happy birthday, Madonna! Loves her!
Next up, on a sad note...I attended a funeral yesterday. My ex-boyfriend W's father passed away. So sad...I remember him as such a nice man.
R.I.P Pictures, Images and Photos
Anyway, since I am good friends with W & his brother M, I went. I met my girl Susan at a Starbucks before the service, and I really had to pee, so I grabbed the first spot I saw...well, ok, not the FIRST spot, because the first spot was parallel parking, and I can't parallel park, but you get the idea. So I am sitting with her, drinking coffee and for some reason, I reached up and was playing with the neckline of my dress. Thank G*d I did, because I felt the label...my dress was on BACKWARDS! I had already been to the hairdresser and driven for two hours to get to Delray. With my dress on backwards.
Oops my bad Pictures, Images and Photos
As Alissa would say..."Are you kidding me?" I was so mortified that I didn't even say anything to Susan...I just took my happy self to the restroom and changed my dress. Then, as we walk towards my car, Susan turns to me with a perplexed look and says "You're handicapped?" I'm like "No...why?" She points to my car, which is clearly parked in a handicapped spot. I'm like WTF, did they put that sign up while I was in the Starbucks, because it was so not there when I parked. Then I checked for a ticket...Huge sigh of relief...NO TICKET! Hooray for me. Then we make our way to the church, where we have to park in dirt. In case you were wondering...stiletto heels and dirt don't mix well. At all. I almost ate sh*t walking across the parking lot. Yikes! The church was packed. With NO air circulation. It made me sweat just looking at the men in their suits & ties.
Sweating Pictures, Images and Photos
Poor guys. It was a very nice service. VERY long, but very nice. We said hello to W as we left the church {{Big hugs}}...
Susan: "I don't remember him being so good looking."
Me: "I do."
Susan: "He's hot."
Me: "Uh-huh."
The cutest thing was when his little brother saw me and made a beeline for me and gave me a big hug. I can't even believe that A.) he remembered me & 2.) he recognized me. Even though W said "You look the same. Except your lips are bigger."
Me: "You're very kind to say that, but unfortunately, everything is bigger."
W: "I'm not exactly slim anymore myself."
(He always was smooth...sigh.)

old times. Pictures, Images and Photos
Susan & I did not go to the cemetary, we elected to go grab some alcoholic beverages instead...we figured that's for family. So, W asked us to meet him back at the house after the burial, which we did. I'm going to make the understatement of the universe right now and say that we got a lukewarm reception from the girls that were there. As in, if looks could kill, you'd be attending my funeral right now. Uncomfortable, Party of two...your table is ready. Whatevs.
love me or hate me im still gonna shine Pictures, Images and Photos
Needless to say, we didn't stay for very long. But, it was great to see W...he looks the same. And M...he is my boy...I SMALL HEART Pictures, Images and Photos that kid. Always have, always will. Then I had to drive home while it was raining sideways. Good times, my friends, good times. But I made it home in one piece.
Have a great week, Peeps!




0 comments: